Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Balcony Viewpoints

The idea of blogging has been around for some long time. As far as I can remember, I even started one once. But now I can't even recall when or how. And I dont know if I could go back and make it alive. Somehow I am too ignorant to do that. May be my idea took so long to become practical because of my lack of stuff to write. But, when I get postings of my friends on my FB and mail I start thinking again... where are all those things I imagine when I am alone? Why don't I put it down to a blog page and keep it as a record? In fact several of my friends have often reminded that I should start one.

The name Balcony Viewpoints had been finalised on a fine January morning when I sat in my balcony, looking down at a nosiy Bangaluru street, with a hot tea in my hand. The road was partly covered in fog and there were milkmen and newspaper boys, ringing their cycle bells (which actually disturbs me on a regular basis). Suddenly my Mom walked in to the frame and asked me how my contact with human society is progressing from the unreachable balcony. The next minute I was thinking about this sentence and thought that if I ever write a blog I will name it something related to my favorite balcony.

Now, I know that I dont really know about blogging or how to keep track of these things. But I guess I will learn if I am seriously into it. I should find what is writable and what is not from my experiences. Above all, I should seriously look for some of those docx files I saved randomly in my laptop and I might have to do a clean sweep to find'em. The only blog I have regularly followed is my friend Manu's and now I am following Swati's as well. In fact I have bookmarked her blog so that my cook-freak mom also will find some to read them. I hope this post will serve the purose of an introduction to my entry to the blogworld and also hope that my friends will spare some time to take a look at it.

Thanks

Sneha Ramanath


5 comments:

  1. Congrats on joining the blogosphere! :) Good one. Looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally.........
    Sneha said..."Let there be Blog" and there is a blog. Good one too. Really liked it. Just like Jo said above, I am also waiting for more.

    Congrats...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Guys

    for reading and appreciating it.
    Now I have time and will try and write more.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good one Sneha... keep writing. I really like the name of the blog... because life as we know it is all about perspective, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Swati. I am planning to make it a hobby as I am jobless and bored now. As I mentioned balcony is the only place I get to watch the rest of the world. All the other times when I am out I am busy with something or the other. So, I'm glued to the balcony now. hehe.... :-)

    ReplyDelete